Blog Session 7: What I hate about the profession
Hey there,
Today's topic is about what I hate about journalism and I don't know, I think it's easier for me because at these days I'm so tired that I think I don't want to be a journalist anymore.
Well, everything's not that bad all the time. Maybe sometimes I like to make interviews, filming documentary or recording podcasts, I think journalism is cool the most of the time. However it can also be almost destructive. As journalists, working hours are limitless, I mean, if something important happens it doesn't matter what time is it, you must be there just because that's your job.
I remember this summer I was working and I was really tired, I started at 9 am and finished at 10 pm, or even later. That was more than 12 hours working and no one can do anything because that's the profession.
I hope one day we can solve this huge problem because no one deserves it, in parlament are discussing to decrease working ours to 40 or 41 per week and journalists work among 60 hours a week and salary isn't according this hours. It's just so unfair.


i agree, i would rather kill myself before working in a mass media.
ResponderBorrarI'm totally agree with you. It shouldn't be normal to work that many hours. It's not healthy
ResponderBorrarReally is could be insane! work so many hours in the middle of summer is it not only stresseful, it's also sad.
ResponderBorrarIm agree with the things you tell about the hours that works journalist :( thats not fair!
ResponderBorrar